Welcome to my page, where I explore the Fruits and the Spirits! I am a very beginner taster, trying to find and remember the wines and beers I try and like. I am not the hoity-toity connoisseur, and I usually only buy the cheap stuff. If you have any suggestions that I should try, feel free to leave a comment!

Friday, September 10, 2010

Polka Dot Riesling


Mmm mmm! Either there are delicious fairies frolicing in my mouth, or I've had an extraordinarily long week. Either way, I give this wine a big thumbs-up. As a Reisling, it is definitely sweet, but not overpoweringly so. It has just enough spice hidden under the surface to balance the sweetness. It seems like there is a slight carbonation, which gives it a bit more of a 'wine cooler' feeling without the sugar coma. High on the fruity-floral scale, but I could see it appealing to a diverse group of wine-drinkers. My opinion is that this would be a good wine to serve to those dissidents who don't usually like wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment