Welcome to my page, where I explore the Fruits and the Spirits! I am a very beginner taster, trying to find and remember the wines and beers I try and like. I am not the hoity-toity connoisseur, and I usually only buy the cheap stuff. If you have any suggestions that I should try, feel free to leave a comment!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Blue Nun Reisling


My review:
Sweet dessert wine. Would be very good with a mild cheese, such as brie. Floral tones, with a hint of apple. Aftertaste is not too sweet, lingers on the tongue but not bitter. I drank it with a handful of chocolate chips, which was quite excellent.

The experts said:
Quite a reserved, slightly leafy nose with a touch of nettle and a suggestion of lime. There's a nice clean, slaty minerality. Palate is crisp and dry, with clean, juicy apple fruit and good texture. Plenty of citrus acidity cuts through and extends the finish. A modern, appetising dry riesling. Very good.

****

No comments:

Post a Comment