Welcome to my page, where I explore the Fruits and the Spirits! I am a very beginner taster, trying to find and remember the wines and beers I try and like. I am not the hoity-toity connoisseur, and I usually only buy the cheap stuff. If you have any suggestions that I should try, feel free to leave a comment!

Monday, June 14, 2010

Fumaio


Sauvignon Blanc & Chardonnay 2008

My Review

Quite acidic. Sour, citrusy flavor. Lemon? Lime? Kind of dry, but not too dry. Slight floral notes on the aftertaste. Lingers on the mid-section of my tongue. Not quite sweet enough for my taste. I don't like it, Sam I Am.

Expert Review
This unique, well-rounded Tuscan cuvée offers vibrant melon and
apricot flavors, with a crisp, long finish. Fumaio has a light straw color
with a fresh and intense bouquet of fruit. Served chilled, Fumaio pairs
well with seafood salads, rice dishes and pasta in light sauces as well as
fish prepared in a variety of ways.

** 2 stars out of 5

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog - looks like a great place to get together to share impressions and interpretations of the gift of the vine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's rather gauche, but I'd love for you to try Boddington's Pub Ale if you haven't already and tell me what you think. I no longer drink beer, but when I did I loved Boddington's. I want to hear your critique before I say any more. BTW, we both know Jason Hosch.

    ReplyDelete