Welcome to my page, where I explore the Fruits and the Spirits! I am a very beginner taster, trying to find and remember the wines and beers I try and like. I am not the hoity-toity connoisseur, and I usually only buy the cheap stuff. If you have any suggestions that I should try, feel free to leave a comment!

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Zen of Zin


Zinfandel, made by Ravenswood.
I was originally drawn to it because I thought the title was quite clever.

My review:
Very smooth. Little bitter aftertaste. Notes of cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla, plum. Kind of spicy, but not too overpowering. Good winter wine? Reminds me of Christmas potpourri.

The experts also commented that it has the ripe tastes of strawberry and cherry jam, with orange peel. The wine is juicy, ripe, and flavorful, with the impression of boldness without the heaviness.

I give it 4 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, I Love It! Try out Barefoot Bubbly...an inexpensive sparkling wine...fun for Sunday brunch and since it's so cheap a case will do!!

    ReplyDelete